Join Team BICAS
Riding in El Tour as part of a team is a lot of fun - especially when BICAS can cover your registration fees. And there's a lot to fielding a team to ride in El Tour de Tucson that doesn't happen on a bike. If you're not interested in riding but want to be a part of BICAS' participation in El Tour de Tucson, there are lots of ways to help.
Ride with us.
We're hoping to put at least two riders in each of the 40th El Tour de Tucson's main event distances: the 25 mile, 50 mile and 100 mile courses. Join a great adventure for the greater good and ride the El Tour de Tucson distance of your choice in support of a Tucson cycling institution.
Raise $350 or more in support of BICAS and we will give you a jersey, create a Team BICAS hand bound mini memory book just for you.
Raise $500 or more in support of BICAS and we'll pay your entry fee in addition to giving you a jersey and personalized mini memory book.
Volunteer for 50 or more hours at BICAS and we'll pay your entry fee, give you a jersey and a personalized mini memory book.
Two ways to ride in El Tour for BICAS.
Ride for free
Raise at least $500 for BICAS during your ride and we'll pay your entry fee, give you a jersey and create a Team BICAS hand stitched mini memory book just for you. To get started, set up your personal fundraising page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like help setting up your fundraising page. Once you reach $500 in funds raised, we'll send you a code and instructions on how to register for the event.
Alternatively, you can volunteer for 50 hours at BICAS and we'll pay your entry fee, give you a jersey and create a Team BICAS hand stitched mini memory book just for you. Once you've accumulated 50 hours of volunteer hours, we'll give you a voucher to register your service so it can be recognized.
Pay your registration fee
Enter El Tour de Tucson yourself and raise at least $350 for BICAS during your ride and we'll give you a jersey and create a Team BICAS hand stitched mini memory book just for you.
To get started, sign up for El Tour de Tucson:
- Go to team.bicas.org/register
- Click on "Select a Non-Profit to Fundraise for."
- Click the box of the ride you would like to participate in and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. There you can either set up a BikeReg account or Register as a Guest.
- Fill out the Participant Contact Information.
- Look for the "Fundraising Charity" field - This is very important! Click the arrow on the right to see the drop-down box and choose “BICAS” for the charity.
- Once you finish answering the rest of the questions, scroll to the bottom and click either "Register Another Participant" or "Proceed to Checkout. Once you proceed to checkout you will be prompted to pay your registration fee.
- Set up your personal fundraising page. Contact email@example.com if you would like help setting up your fundraising page.
In addition to the standard El Tour de Tucson ride support, joining Team BICAS offers additional support such as:
- A Team BICAS jersey;
- A personal Team BICAS hand stitched mini memory book, showing the routes you rode to train and special memories you added to it;
- Membership in the Team BICAS Strava group;
- Periodic meetups (in person or virtual as pandemic regulations and restrictions permit) to share experiences with others;
- Weekly training rides (as pandemic regulations and restrictions permit);
- An opportunity to share your experiences during training with the community via team.bicas.org (this website);
- An opportunity to share your #teambicas #eltourdetucson social media postings with the BICAS community.
For selected riders and depending on the availability of funds, BICAS may be willing to waive the personal fundraising commitment and pay a rider's entry fees if they agree to participate in group fundraising activities for BICAS while riding in and training for El Tour de Tucson. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for program requests and further details.
Volunteer with us
You can support Team BICAS at the start lines, finish line, during the El Tour de Tucson Expo or even throughout the entire training season. Some typical activities a non-riding member of Team BICAS might do would be:
- Coordinating ride day rider assembly at event start lines;
- Contributing to the Team BICAS website;
- Staffing the start/finish line (to assist Team BICAS riders) on ride day;
- Staffing the Team BICAS stop during Loop The Loop (pandemic permitting)
- Assisting in rider sign up drives;
- Assisting in donation drives;
- Getting the word out about Team BICAS on social media and in the community;
- And others we haven't even thought about yet!
If you're interested in volunteering as a non-riding member of Team BICAS, please email us at email@example.com for more details.